2. Speaking of which, I still need to announce my Official Project for 2009. Stay tuned.
3. On Christmas Eve my mp3 player died, so since I'd secretly been hoping for a reason to buy a new one - I did. It is very very very tiny, perfect for my needs, completely adorable ... and pink. I like pink as much as the next person, but it's not exactly what I'm looking for when making a fashion statement with my electronics. But pink was the only color in stock, and I am impatient. Why oh why oh WHY could it have not been cherry red?! Or silver or black or ANYTHING but pink?
4. Ah, the Year-End Reading Recap is coming up shortly! I have begun to formulate my statistics and the Official Marie Awards of Excellence (And Other Stuff).
2. I have a new culinary specialty: Ginger Pear Jam. (Simmer equal amounts of grated pear and sugar with a bit of grated fresh ginger and a hint of allspice until translucent golden brown and somewhat reduced. Dynamite, as Ms. Kasper would say.)
3. aftondays is hosting another photography contest. The theme this time is "Orange" - Unless I change my mind, I already have my picture. :)
4. Some prayers were answered this weekend, and it leaves me hopeful that the rest may be soon.
5. I have a new hat:
1) Look at the list and bold those you have read.
2) Italicize those you intend to read.
3) Underline the books you LOVE.
4) Reprint this list in your own LJ so we can try and track down these people who've read 6 and force books upon them ;-)
2. One (1) pewter button
3. The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin by Beatrix Potter (not a library book)
4. Arby's coupons, outdated by several months
5. Two (2) notes to self, reminding me to pay my gym membership (check) and buy ten (10) 2 cent stamps (check)
6. One (1) note from mom, reminding me to pick up grandpa's medication (check)
7. Bank deposit slip from previous owners of car
8. Two (2) cans of de-icer
* krikketgirl is awesome for giving up part of her morning and braving the traffic to have coffee with us. (She's fun!)
* Remington Steele is awesome, which means that fogwood214 and hddnis are awesome for loaning them to us to Further The Cause.
* Detroit is awesome, although I didn't exactly intend to go there today.
* The underground tunnel at the Detroit airport is awesome because the walls glow pink and blue and green and yellow.
* I am awesome because I am going to bed early.
(I woke up at 6:30 and had to spend fifteen minutes figuring out a) what day is it, and b) do I have to go to work; the day began a strong upward trend when I realized that the answers were a) Saturday, and b) no.)
On the agenda for today:
- send off rest of family for a day spent at the Pea Ridge civil war battle site, leaving me here all by my lonesome, oh no, what shall I do, the horror, etc.
- wash car
- wrap Christmas presents
- eat bacon
- try out some of the 40-odd new beauty products I was gifted with last night
- finish transfering the notes from ruthette's copy of Beowulf into mine (Ah, Seamus Heaney, thank you for being our consolation when we hear of the abomination that is movie-Beowulf)
- curl up and read, read, read (These Old Shades, for one, what glory!)
- make a pot of coffee and drink alternating cups of coffee-with-gingerbread-flavored-creamer and coffee-with-peppermint-flavored-creamer
There never stop being things to be thankful for.
Things that make me happy:
-pink silk sweaters
-best friends that get it
-being a grown up
Things that confuse me:
-being a grown up
Things that amaze me:
-being a grown up
It's just wrong to have a younger brother--younger by seven years!--who weighs more than I do, is taller than I am, and can pick me up and carry me across the room. (Even when I'm shrieking put me down, you idiot! and hitting him over the top of the head.) I was his second mother. I changed his diapers, I fed him his first smashed peas, I held his hand when he learned to walk, I taught him to read. *scratches head* I grew up, but that doesn't mean everyone else gets to. Sheesh.
( Mo Williams is just about the greatest picture book author/illustrator ever. )
I found my gradient tool! It was hidden with the paintbucket, for some reason. I'm so happy. PS7 is my friend again.
Last night owls were hooting outside my bedroom window. Doesn't that portend something? As Gaspod the Talking Wonder Dog would say, it bodes. It definitely bodes. It's a boding kind of thing.
Stash's Vanilla Nut Cream is my new favorite tea.
I loved the chapter I read last night in The Godfather about how Vito Corleone transformed from a small boy into Don Corleone. Like most great criminals, he didn't really mean to. It was an exceptionally beautiful chapter. The rest of the book is Michael doing pretty much the same thing. It's all very sad and beautiful.
Things To Be Done Before Leaving For Vacation (17 days!):
-Attend city council meeting on the 16th
-Design and get online history pages for the library website. Working on this today
-Get a package ready for Sarah's birthday.
-Find a gift for Sandra's birthday.
-Find time to go to the only store in town that sells the face lotion I use and restock; also key makeup items. It wouldn't do to run out while away. =)
-Dog-and-House-sit over the weekend of the 13th (this means another trip to the antiques store, I think.)
-Attend another IPL meeting all day on the 10th. I'm a little upset that because of the time and location of the meeting, I won't be able to make it to church that night. =\
-Help organize and pull off a farewell party/secret sister activity for Linda, who's leaving the library at the end of the month. Fie! I'll miss her.